Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Winter?

I'm beginning to wonder if we're going to be spoiled all winter long and never really receive any of the below zero temps we normally are experiencing this time of year.  I'm not complaining or wishing this weather away.  It's been absolutely wonderful having this weather with small children.  I was not looking forward to lugging two children in and out of the car in below zero, freezing cold, numbing conditions.

The other day the boys and I went outside to play in the snow, before it melted away.  I shouldn't say we went out to play.  It was not my intention to join in their fun.  I just wanted them to release some energy.  Plus, if we would have stayed inside one more minute someone would have blown a gasket.  (We were just sick for the last week and barely left the house at all.)

It ended up being the most fun I've had in a long time with my boys.  It felt so good to get out and just play with them.  I didn't see the piles of clothes that needed folding or the dishes or the bathrooms that needed cleaning or the piles of toys thrown all over the house or...  I saw my boys and their need for some fun with their mom.  We had a blast together!  I pushed them down our driveway on their sleds, they dug in the snow with their shovels and we had an impromptu snowball fight.  Which had us all laughing and having fun together.

I'm glad we ended up going outside!

.







0 comments:

Post a Comment