Saturday, January 21, 2012

Our birthday surprise

Thomas decided to surprise Garrison and I for our birthday's by taking us on a little trip to the cities.

Thursday morning Thomas asked that I leave the house and go do something fun by myself.  I didn't know how long I was supposed to be gone.  He was going to call and let me know when I could return home.  So I took a book and headed to the local McDonald's.  I bought a coffee and some breakfast and read WITHOUT having to take care of anyone else.  It was awesome.

About 2 hours later Thomas called and said I could come home.  I thought that while I was gone they were going to be decorating the house, but when I walked in the front door I saw no decorations.  Only my three boys standing there with suitcases yelling "surprise."

I was pretty confused.  

Thomas told only two people of his plans... his two brothers.  Not even my sister who lives with us knew we were leaving.  (stay tuned to hear her adventurous story while we were gone.)

Thomas had an entire schedule done up of everything we were going to be doing.  This guy is AWESOME!!  I used to complain a lot about him always being able to come up with fun things for the youth group to do, but never being able to do that with our family.  Well, he got me!

To celebrate Garrison's birthday Thomas had arranged for his older brother, his wife and their three boys to meet us at Chuck E. Cheese.  I was a lot of fun!  Garrison had a blast.  He loves playing with his cousins and at Chuck E. Cheese... bonus.

The next day we dropped the boys off with their cousins again.  This time they were going to be spending the night.

Thomas had gotten us a hotel room for the night.  He also treated me to dinner and a movie.  We went to eat at Don Pablo's, a very good Mexican restaurant, and saw the movie "Breaking Dawn."

On Saturday, we picked up the boys and headed home.  It was a wonderful surprise and a great way to celebrate Garrison turning 4 and me turning 30.     

1 comments:

Ryla said...

What a great husband!! And what a special surprise for everyone!

Post a Comment