Sunday, January 18, 2009

a first

There are many GREAT things that come along with being a mother and tonight I was blessed to experience one of them for the first time. Garrison was in the bath tub having a wonderful time splashing around, while I sat next to the tub talking with him. Every now and then he would come over to the side of the tub and stand. On one of his standing occasions he leaned over and gave me a kiss. What a sweet boy! It's one thing to kiss your child, but it's a whole other ball game when they kiss you.
He's growing up faster than I would like him to. Today when I came to pick him up from the church nursery one of the workers told me he walked around the room using a plastic container as his guide (when he's home he uses the laundry basket and empties clothes along the way or he'll push a truck that he has). This afternoon as he played I noticed that he will let go of furniture and stand by himself for longer periods of time. It won't be long until we have a walker and then our hands will really be full. Wasn't he just born?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment