Monday, July 30, 2012

32 weeks

I am 32 weeks!  Yeah, only 8 weeks left.

I had an appointment last week and everything with the baby looks good.  He's active, has a great heartbeat and is measuring right on track.  I, however, have been having some issues with dizziness, pressure on my chest, blood rushing to my hands, head and feet, heart racing and heartburn.  

The nurse practitioner had some concerns after hearing my symptoms and listening to my heart.  She picked up a heart murmur and wanted me to see a cardiologist.  

Today I headed in to my cardiology appointment and had a EKG done.  Everything looks good and the doctor saw no concerns whatsoever.  He said that all pregnant women have a heart murmur and everything sounded good when he listened to my heart.  Just to be on the save side I'm having an ultrasound done of my heart in two weeks just to make sure that my heart is "squeezing" (his words) like it's supposed to be.  He has no concerns that it's not.

I do have one continuous theme running throughout this pregnancy... my doctors keep telling me to leave the laundry, the dishes and the floors.  I should be resting more and taking naps.  If it only were that easy.  

I'm getting VERY excited now that I have only 8 weeks left.  I'm starting to make a list of everything that needs to be done before he arrives.  #1- find a name.  I don't know why I'm so antsy to find a name.  Thomas likes to look through the whole baby names book one letter at a time and write down all the names that jump out to him.  As of today, he's on letter K and has about 20 names written down.  My list is about 8 names.  Most of them Thomas doesn't really like.  Bummer.

I'm also starting to plan for Garrison's first day of 4K, which will start only a week or two before his baby brother arrives (that's going to be a whole new ball game for us.) and plan Josiah's 3rd birthday (which I'm really hoping to be home for).  September is going to be a crazy month for us!
   

0 comments:

Post a Comment