Wednesday, April 25, 2012

resting

I am resting.  I am resting mainly because I was told by my ob-gyn that I needed too.  I have been having cramps, pressure, back aches,a  pinched nerve and I think that's about it for over 2 weeks.  Yesterday, I was trying to enjoy time with a few of my girlfriends, but couldn't quite concentrate on anything because I was in so much pain.

I have wonderful friends!  I told them that I was going to go home because I was in so much pain, but instead they told me to call my ob-gyn and they would watch the boys if I needed to go in.

Well, I called and the nurse practitioner thought it would be a good idea if I came in.  (I wanted to throw up from the pain.)  My wonderful friends took care of the boys while I went to the doctor and figured out what was wrong.

And the good news is nothing is wrong!  They ran tests, checked me out, listened to the babies heartbeat (which was 142) and came up with maybe early signs of a yeast infection.  Which I've never had in my life and I'm hoping it can stay that way  (They sent my urine sample away to be tested for a bladder infection, but the test they quickly ran in the dr's office looked like we could rule that out.  And I'm showing no symptoms of an infection.) .  The conclusion was... I am carrying this baby really low and my ligaments and muscles and all those good things are stretching more.  I carried both boys really low, but I think with this baby I popped out really fast and my body wasn't ready for the stretching.  I was so excited to hear that it there wasn't anything wrong with the baby and it was just stretching and not preterm labor.  That is exactly what I prayed for on the way to the doctors office.  God is good!

My prescription was to go home and rest for a couple of days and see how I feel after that.

Thomas brought his work home yesterday so that he could take care of the boys and I could actually get some rest.  He's such a great husband!  And has also been very supportive and encouraging as I've been feeling like a failure for not being able to do-it-all and feeling guilty for him having to bring work home and help out more around the house.

Today I've been feeling really good.  I've been trying to not to do too much, but also am having a hard time just sitting around.  I'm learning that I need to take breaks more and limit myself from what I'm used to doing.  That's not always easy with a 4 year old and a 2 year old, but I'm very grateful for my friends and family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment