Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The last few months

I've been enjoying life and not wanting to write on the blog lately.  The last couple of months have been filled with excitement, stress and decisions.

We've...

- toured Garrison's school for next year.  We will be putting him into a little private school with a 4K program.  I'm a little nervous as it will be long days 2 to 3 days a week.  They will get a rest period in the afternoon so that should help.  I'm also excited and nervous for him to begin this new journey.  I can't believe he's big enough to go to school.  I'm going to miss him tons when he's gone, but I know that he will do so well.

- turned down a job opportunity to move to Nebraska where Thomas would have been a head soccer coach for the college that we attended together.  Thomas got a message one day, from the athletic director, asking him to apply for job.  He did and he was headed to the interviewing process when we decided that it wasn't a good time for our family to make a move.  We both are very much at peace with this decision.  Even though it would have been a great opportunity for Thomas.

- hosted Easter.  My family came up for Easter on Saturday.  We had an Easter egg hunt inside because it was way too cold and rainy to do one outside.  We also ate way too much food.  It's always fun when family gets together.

- been dealing with some parenting issues that we aren't sure how to handle.  Garrison has started biting Josiah.   He usually bites him on the cheek or hand and it's when Josiah doesn't do what Garrison wants him to.  Parenting can be so overwhelming at times.

- (Garrison, Josiah and myself) have been enjoying some time out of the house with a few lovely ladies from church and their children.  Every Tuesday 5 ladies and their kids get together at one of our houses to chat and let the kids play together.  It's been so nice to get out and talk to other ladies about motherhood and life.  The kids also have fun together and do a great job playing together.  It will be nice when it warms up and we can all go outside and let the kids run.

- been cleaning out our house and selling things and slowly digging ourselves out of debt.  Thomas and I started taking a class at our church called Financial Peace University.  It teaches you how to get out of debt.  It has been extremely helpful for Thomas and I.  Thomas used to handle all our finances, which I wasn't always fond of because I wanted to know what was going on.  Now, through this class, we are both involved in making decisions and dealing with our finances.  We are budgeting, planning for our future and saving money.  This class has even brought us closer together as a couple.

- announced that we are expecting our third child this September.  (actual due date is September 22)  We are all very excited too!  The boys often talk about their new little brother or sister and sometimes I catch them asking each other which one they want.  It's super cute.  They are also noticing that my belly is getting bigger so they come and put their hands on it, talk to my belly and sometimes kiss it.  I told Garrison the other day that pretty soon he'll be able to feel his brother or sister kick him when he puts his hands on my belly.  He looked very confused yet intrigued.

- made our ultrasound appointment to find out what we're having.  If the baby cooperates with us we'll be able to know on May 10 if we're having a boy or girl.  I'm pretty sure we have a boys name picked out, but haven't even thought about girls names yet.  Maybe that means we're having another boy.  :)  We'll be happy with either one.

- taken a picture of us on Easter.  I LOVE the boys' smiles in this picture.  


 - also taken one of me at 16 wks.




 

0 comments:

Post a Comment