Saturday, March 5, 2011

Our Little Moments

Our little moments...

It's official.  I've changed the title of my blog.  You can still get here the same way you always have.  I've just changed what appears at the top of my blog. 

I was getting tired of "The Bush Times" and wanted something more creative.  "The Bush Times" just felt cold, stiff, typical.  Like "Times New Roman" or "Courier New" or "The New York Times".  Blah.  Blah.  Blah. 

I came up with "The Bush Times" when I did one of our Christmas cards like the front page of a newspaper.  (Some of you may have gotten one.)  When I started this blog I thought that using "The Bush Times" would be familiar to many people, who received the Christmas card.   Now that this blog has been here for a few years I wanted to make it more warm and welcoming.  So do you feel warmed and welcomed?  I hope so.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We all made it through my first week of work and with few problems too.  I was expecting it to be a little crazy with trying to get used to new kids in the house, a different schedule and routine, more physical work for me and less time to do housework, but I must say it went very smoothly.  The first day was a little bumpy when it came to nap time.  I ended up rearranging where Landon and Gavin were going to sleep and by Tuesday I had it figured out and everyone has been sleeping great since.  There are some issues with Garrison not wanting to share some toys, but with time and practice I know he'll get there. 

Thomas and I have learned a few things from this week. 

1.  Garrison is a lot like me and Josiah is a lot like Thomas.  Garrison loves his alone time, his quite time, his routine and is not a fan of change.  Josiah, on the other hand, loves people.  He loves having friends over, loves being in the center of it all and doesn't seemed bothered by the new changes.  Finding these facts out about our boys has really opened our eyes to finding ways to help them adjust to this new change.  I shouldn't make this sound like this is a new discovery for us, but it's been a very in-your-face-no-second-guessing type discovery.  I love the fact that God placed on our hearts to name our first born Garrison Brian, Brian after my dad, and Garrison is so much like me and my family and to name our second son Josiah Thomas, well... after Thomas and he's so much like Thomas and his family.  This week Thomas and I have had many laughable moments with our two little munchkins.  It was like watching ourselves in little bodies.

2.  We're learning how to be a team.  This is something Thomas and I have struggled with throughout our 7 years of marriage.  I think that too many times we've thought of each other as our enemy and not our partner.  Not on purpose, by any means, but out of miscommunication and misunderstandings.  The months leading up to this job as we've sat and prayed about it and started making this possible we've realized that we need to talk about our expectations of each other, of our boys and how we can work together to get things accomplished since I'll have less time to get a lot done that I used to get done.

3.  We've learned that this job is just what our family needed on so many different levels.

I know it's only been a week and I'm talking like this is the perfect job and we now we have a perfect life and everything is figured out.  I know that that is not true.  Nothing and no one is perfect.  I'm speaking more through a peaceful feeling that we are all experiencing.  One of those experiences that you know God has had his hand in long before you ever knew about the opportunity.  We can see how God has been preparing our family for a while for the decisions we've made and will be continuing to make in the next year or so.

God is good... all the time!

1 comments:

Kara Scharrer said...

I'm so glad that this is going so well for you! I have been thinking a lot about you lately and hoping that you are enjoying life with so many little ones running around!

It's sort of a funny thing, but Erik and I often times forget to play on the same team. And when we stop and look at, or listen to, what we're doing, we refocus and move forward... I'm glad that we're not the only couple this happens to. :)

Post a Comment