Monday, December 28, 2009

California

Thomas, Garrison, Josiah and myself boarded a plane on December 14th and flew to sunny Palm Springs, California to visit with Thomas' parents. It was an awesome trip. The temperature was in the 70s the whole time and even hit 83 one day. I did not want to leave.

This was our first time taking the boys on an airplane. I was super nervous about doing this too. Since Garrison and Josiah are both under the age of two we didn't have to buy them a plane ticket and instead they were able to sit on our laps. I wasn't sure how Garrison would do. Would he want to get down and run around? Would he be able to sit in our laps for 3 1/2 hours? Have you ever seen the Bill Cosby Himself comedy act about little Jeffrey on the plane? (If you don't know what I'm talking about click here)That's what I didn't want to happen, everyone wishing that could get off the plane. But I'm happy to say that both Garrison and Josiah did wonderful on the flight there and back.
If you were wondering, yes, we had 6 seats to ourselves there and back. It was glorious! We were able to spread out and enjoy the ride so much more. What was I worried for?

We had a great time hanging out with Thomas' parents and his grandma. We don't get to see them that often so it's such a treat when we do get to spend time with them.

We did all sorts of fun stuff during our week. We went to the ocean, Garrison and Josiah met Thomas' aunt and uncles, Harry, Bridgett, Eric, Tammy, Marie and Dave, went to the living desert, Thomas and I went on a date to The Cheesecake Factory, went golfing, went and saw a whole street lite up with Christmas lights, the street is called Candy Cane Lane.

On Tuesday we spent the day getting settled in and relaxing after traveling all day on Monday.

Wednesday Thomas and I went golfing together. The last time I've been golfing was 6 years ago. I was pretty rusty. Then we went to The Cheesecake Factory for a little date while John and Sharon (Thomas' parents) watched the boys.

On Thursday we headed to the ocean. Thomas' uncle Harry and aunt Bridgett live only a few miles from the ocean so they took us to some of their favorite spots along the ocean. Garrison liked running in the sand until he got wet from some of the waves. Josiah slept the whole time.




Thomas spent Friday golfing with his dad, while Garrison, Josiah, Sharon and myself went to a little dinosaur exhibit. Then that night the whole family went out to eat and then to a live nativity scene and went to see Christmas lights.On Saturday, Thomas, Sharon, the boys and myself went to "The Living Desert" and saw all kinds of different animals. The highlight of the day was when Garrison found some drums to bang on. He had such a huge smile on his face. It was a beautiful day to go "The Living Desert", it reached 83 degrees that day.Sunday we went to church and Thomas' aunt Marie and Uncle Dave came over for lunch. It was nice hanging out with them.

We had an awesome time in California. I would go every year if I could afford it. Thank you John and Sharon for the wonderful time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment