Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas tree

I have found that I really enjoy blogging. When I started this journey I was really nervous. I wasn't sure how I wanted to go about doing this blog. Yes, I knew that I wanted to tell about my family, but at the same time I knew that this was a place that I could share my heart. I've realized that I enjoy writing ( I might not be very good, but I enjoy it anyway). Sometimes I get a little nervous that I might be sharing too much, but I guess you're seeing me for who I am.

Since starting to blog I've found so many other blogs that I enjoy reading. (I have a list on the side of ones that I read regularly. Some I can't get to post there, but I'm working on it.) One such blog that I read is from a lady named Jill Savage. You may or may not recognize her name, but if you're at all familiar with Hearts at Home you will for sure recognize her name. If you'd like to read her blog click here.

Right now she's doing 25 days of giveaway. Each day she is asking us to respond to a question that she has posted. Today's questions is: "How does your personality or priorities show up in your (Christmas) tree?"

Have you ever thought about that before? I know I never have, but once she asked the question I can see how my tree totally reflects my personality and priorities.

Our Christmas tree is organized, yet simple. Just like Thomas and I are. We like things organized and uncluttered. (Clutter drives me crazy and being unorganized drives Thomas crazy.) Funny how our tree reflects that without us even knowing it.

We have simple white lights, and matching bulbs. This must be the simple, cuteness that we like. However, the ornaments reflect our priorities. The only ornaments that you'll find on our tree are ones that show us the fun we've shared each year together as a family.

We enjoy looking for a new ornament each year that represents something big we did sometime that year. The first year we were married we got a "Our First Christmas" ornament. The year we got Aza we also got a "Chocolate Lab" ornament. Each year we've been blessed with a baby we've gotten them first year ornaments. We also have two ornament that we knew Garrison would enjoy and reflect the boys in our family, a baseball ornament and soccer ball ornament. And we have two ornaments that remind us of the reason why we have this season, a little manger scene and a nail.

I think that I would like to start buying the boys there own ornaments as well. To show them what they did as individuals that year. Then when they move out and/or get married I can pack up their ornaments so that they can share them with their family. (I'm getting tears in my eyes just thinking about them being grown up. What a sap!)

I'm glad that Jill asked this question today. It shows me that, even though we didn't do it on purpose, our tree shows us who we really are and what is really important.

Does your tree reflect you in someway?

0 comments:

Post a Comment