Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tis the season...

... for cold and flu.

Yes, it has been traveling through our family this week.

Garrison started it!!

The end of last week he started having a runny nose. That was it. I thought maybe it was teeth coming in, but then he woke up one morning with a really runny nose, coughing, sneezing and drooling. The whole day he wouldn't eat or drink anything. I was getting worried that he was going to become dehydrated. The one thing that I didn't understand was why he was drooling so much. I mean, if he wasn't getting teeth then why so much drool, to the point of soaking his shirt. Then I realized he must have a sore throat and didn't want to swallow.

It was rough couple of days for him. He couldn't sleep, couldn't breath (from having such a plugged nose). He was miserable. Thomas did an awesome job taking care of him. Garrison wanted his daddy to cuddle with mostly and Thomas was more than willing to do whatever Garrison asked him to do. (I think Thomas really enjoyed taking care of Garrison, but don't tell him I told you that.) However, the downfall to that is a few days later Thomas got sick. He woke up one morning and could barely talk.

Josiah even was coughing and sneezing for a few days.

I, however, have not gotten it yet. Don't ask me how. Garrison was sneezing and coughing in my face almost the whole time he was sick. I thought that I was going to get it. For a few days I felt like I had no energy, but it wasn't the aches. It was weird, but I never got sick. Knock on wood.

The other three are either over it or just getting over it. Garrison is pretty much the only one still with a runny nose.

So that's where I've been the past week. Taking care of my three sicks boys. Hopefully, I won't get sick because soon we will be heading to California and I really don't want to be sick for that.

I am, however, sick in my own way. (Wait that makes me sound crazy!) I've been diagnosed with postpartum depression. Today I had an appointment with my doctor to go over different options that I can do about it. I will be starting on some medication and going to see a counselor to try and help me.

I think a lot of it has to do with the holidays and dealing with my parents divorce, but at least I'm starting the process for some help. We'll see how things go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment