Monday, April 6, 2009

doctor appointment

This morning I had my 16 week appointment. It's unbelievable that I'm already 4 months pregnant. I know that there will be a time, shortly, that I'll be saying, "I'm only (fill in blank) months? I feel like I've been pregnant forever." But until then I'm amazed that I'm 4 months.

This appointment was short and sweet. I was able to talk to the nurse practioner about my dizziness and headaches that I've been experiencing more and more lately. She recommended that I eat more frequently and drink lots of liquids. If that doesn't work then it's probably from my blood flow needing to go more towards the baby. We're leaning towards me needing to drink and eat more often because I've been dehydrated lately, according to my urine samples. (I know, to much information)

I also was able to listen to the heartbeat. At my last appointment the heartbeat was 157. Garrison's heartbeat was always in the low 140's, so I was excited to hear that this baby was beating higher. Could it be a girl? (I've heard that higher beats mean girl, lower beats mean boy) Today the heartbeat was 144. Who knows what were having anymore. It's Gods way of reminding me to not think about what were having as much as needing to trust him and let him take care of all the details.

Our next appointment is an ultrasound on May 4 and if the baby cooperates we'll be able to find out if it's a boy or girl. Stay tuned...

0 comments:

Post a Comment