Sunday, November 29, 2009

Our Thanksgiving & Josiah's appointment

Our Thanksgiving festivities started with Josiah going to the doctor. Nothing serious, just his two month check-up. We had everything packed up so we could head to St. Cloud and the cities immediately after the appointment.

Josiah's appointment went well. He weighs 12 lbs 4 oz and is 23 inches long. At this appointment he received his first set of shots. Not fun! I felt so bad for him. He had just drifted off to sleep when the lady gave him his first shot (he ended up getting 3 shots total). I felt like I needed to wake him and prepare him for the pain. He wasn't too happy about it, but didn't cry as bad as I had thought. What a trooper. Garrison was also very well behaved while Josiah received his shots. He just sat in Thomas' lap and watched the whole time. I'm sure he was wondering if he was next.

Once the appointment was over we were on our way to St. Cloud. (Oh... if I didn't mention it this was Wednesday morning, not Thanksgiving day.)

It's interesting having parents that don't get along and are in the process of getting a divorce. Who do you hang out with for the holidays? This year we ended up having breakfast with my dad at Perkins and then went to my parents house (I call it my parents house because it's too weird saying "moms house" when it's the house that my parents once lived in together) to have Thanksgiving with my mom.

It was nice getting together with my family, but an adjustment realizing that nothing will be "traditional" again.

It was great getting to meet my new little niece, Adeline. She is such a doll! And I have to say she looks just like her mommy. I couldn't see any of my brother in her. Maybe as she grows.

We attempted to get some cousin pictures, but with three small children and basically two of them brand new, it was pretty impossible. We did, however, manage to snap some, but had to have every camera ready and snapping as fast as the cameras could go.
Garrison was actually willing to sit and "hold" his brother so that we could snap some pictures. Aren't they adorable? Or is it just because I'm their mom and love them so much?
This is my favorite picture of Garrison and Josiah. Every time I look at this picture it makes me smile. Josiah looks a little concerned that Garrison's hand is approaching his neck. While Garrison has this I'm-taking-care-of-my-brother pose (arm around Josiah and hand "supporting" him from flopping forward).
Josiah was not happy in this picture. I think Uncle Tom was making fun of him. Which has nothing to do with why he's crying, but Josiah timed his crabbiness just right where it seemed like he was sad that Tom was making fun of him. Love the lip though. (Not sure why Josiah's hair looks red in some of these pictures. He does have brown hair.)
Here Uncle Tom and Josiah are finally on good terms. My brother couldn't get over how big Josiah was, but he's used to holding his little peanut.

My little niece, Adeline. Isn't she beautiful? This is such a great picture of her. I'm telling you she's a doll.
Oh, now she looks like her daddy. My parents have a few pictures of my brother like this. Only he has about three chins and drool hanging. It's hard for those little eyes to adjust to things.
And what a way to end the festivities, but with a nap. (Although, I think that this was taken after our Thanksgiving breakfast with my dad.)
After we had Thanksgiving with my family. We headed to Minneapolis to have Thanksgiving with Thomas' family. Thomas' brother James and his wife Shana had everyone over to their house for roast beef. Shana's a great cook! We spent Friday afternoon with them (Thomas' brothers Nate and James plus their wives Kathy and Shana and Nate and Kathy's two boys, Brody and Andrew.)

We headed home Saturday morning.

It was a nice time away, but it's good to be home now. It's hard on the boys to be away from home that long and be out of their routine. What am I saying? It's hard on me too.

Now it's time to put up the tree and get ready for CHRISTMAS!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment