Tuesday, November 24, 2009

He's already 2 months!


Josiah is already two months! He's growing so fast that I call him my chunky monkey. I'm not sure how much he weighs. I'll know tomorrow after his two month doctors appointment, but he's mostly in 3 to 6 months clothing.

It so much fun having him in our family. He keeps Thomas and I on our feet. Just when we think we've got him figured out he goes and changes something on us.

The first few weeks, after he was born, were pretty rough on all of us. Josiah cried a lot. He cried almost the whole time he was awake. He didn't like anything we tried: swaddling, pacifier, bouncing, swinging, walking, patting his back and on and on. We ended up buying some gripe water, which seemed to really help him... for awhile. After about a week or two of the gripe water working he started crying often. I thought that maybe he was allergic to dairy, so I took dairy out of my diet. (That was incredibly hard for me. I drink milk all day long and have a bowl of cereal before I go to bed almost every night. It was one long week.) I'm back to having dairy and he's not fussy. I think that his digestive system just needed to mature a little. During this time of trying different things he was very gassy and now he's not.

Josiah is a pretty good sleeper... once he falls asleep. Getting Josiah to fall asleep is somewhat of a challenge. I've been working on trying to get him to go to sleep on his own, but it hasn't been working all that well and I'm not really forcing it too much. He likes to fall asleep in your arms or on my chest. A pacifier normally soothes him until it falls out. I'm trying to build up his sucking strength by lightly pulling on the pacifier once he's got a good suck going. The past week he has been sleeping 8 hours or more at night. The last two nights he's slept for 11 hours. It has been very nice to have a sleeping baby, but Thomas and I still get up a few times during the night just to make sure he's breathing. I think I'll do that for a very long time. I still get up and check on Garrison.

Josiah is a talker. He loves to talk to you and smile. He's been doing this since he was two weeks old. I love having "conversations" with him. His little coos are so cute and his smile melts my heart every time. I wonder if he'll talk early.

Josiah is also a strong little buddy. He can hold himself up pretty well while you hold him and he's been able to lift his head since he was about 2 weeks old.

A lot of people say that Josiah looks just like Garrison. That may be true, (I've said it many times myself) but he also has his own look to him and personality. It's going to be so much fun watching him grow and develop his personality as the years go by. We cannot wait, Josiah!

Welcome to our family, little man. We love you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment