Thursday, February 19, 2009

The sickness has spread!

Poor Garrison woke up last night at 1:30 crying and crying. Thomas and I both went in to try and calm him and as soon as I touched him I realized that he was boiling hot. His temperature was 101.2. After medicine, a full sippy cup of juice and some rocking he fell back asleep. Then he was back up at 5:30. When I went in there to get him he was soaking wet and hot again. As I changed him and gave him medicine he was shaking like he freezing cold so I brought him into our bed. I'm not a big fan of him sleeping with us, but he was so sick I couldn't leave him alone in his room. He slept for an hour in our bed and then woke up wanting to play. That wasn't going to fly with me so I put him back in his bed and he slept until 8:00. (he normally wakes up between 6 and 7).
Before Thomas and I went to bed last night we thought it would be fun to go out to breakfast as a family. Since I've been "stuck" in this house since Friday night. The only time I got out was to go to my job for 3 hours on Tuesday. I have been going crazy. I feel like I'm loosing my mind (or at least it's turning to jello), but with Garrison being sick we decided to cancel those plans. Instead we made eggs, bacon and toast. It was actually very enjoyable. Maybe tomorrow Thomas can watch Garrison while I go.... grocery shopping!
Garrison spent the whole morning on the couch with his milk and a blanket watching a Veggie Tales movie. I know that he's sick, but I didn't think he would stay there because I've never seen this boy sit very long. He surprised me by staying on the couch for a whole movie. This poor little guy IS sick! (his temperature was 99.8 this morning).
Since I've been in the house for days I thought it would be fun for Garrison and I to have a project to do. So I thought it would be fun for us to read all of our Dr. Seuss books (trying to finish one a day). Then when we get better we'll head to the library and pick up the books that we don't have at home and maybe a movie of Dr. Seuss' (if there is one). I think this would be something fun to do yearly and then as Garrison gets older we could do fun activities with the books. Like make green eggs and ham and stuff like that. We've read 3 Dr. Seuss books so far this week. I love being a mom!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

No fun! Sick babies are the worst! I've been wondering how you guys have been doing - it's been a while since you've been on here or facebook. Hope Garrison starts feeling better soon!

Kara Scharrer said...

Great idea! I never have good ideas like that for Maida. You're a great mom!

I hope that Garrison is feeling better now! It's no fun having sick babies.

Post a Comment