Monday, February 16, 2009

my wonderful husband

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband. He took care of so much this weekend. On Saturday I woke-up with a really bad cold and had no energy. For the entire day Thomas took care of laundry (doing 5 loads), Garrison, the dogs, the house and me. What a way to spend Valentine's day. On Sunday I was still feeling gross so Thomas took Garrison to church with him. Now for some people this doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you're a pastor (and the only pastor at that) you tend to get pulled in 100 different directions on a Sunday morning. Someone is always wanting to talk to him, give him something, ask him something, etc... and it's very hard to juggle anything else, let alone your 13 month old son. Plus, this Sunday church was having a potluck and a business meeting. Even though he had a plate full he still brought Garrison to church with him and was able to put him nursery, do the announcements, get him from nursery, talk to people, change Garrison, put him back in nursery, teach Sunday school, get Garrison from nursery again, feed him and G man, do a devotional before the business meeting started and stay for the business meeting (I know he did a lot more too). All the while I sat on the couch, sleeping and feeling like a truck had run me over. When they got home from church, at about 2:00, Garrison was out cold and slept for 2 hours. Thomas was able to watch NASCAR and then he went to Walmart and again took Garrison with him. What a guy! I still feel sick, but I know I would be feeling a lot worse if I didn't have Thomas to help me out this weekend. And now I think Garrison is getting sick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Thomas for being there for Sarah when she really needed you. Hope your feeling better Sarah. I'm starting a long stretch of 12 1/2 hour days at work. SO this is a great way to keep in touch. Thanks! Love You, Mom

Kara Scharrer said...

Wow, there is NO way Erik would have been able to do all that! You're sure a lucky girl! I hope that you're feeling better.

Post a Comment