Friday, August 31, 2012

baby update

Tomorrow marks 37 weeks!  I had a doctors appointment yesterday and everything is progressing well.  I am dilated to a 1 and am 50% efface.  Yes!  I love progressing- more at home and less at the hospital.

I have not gained any weight since my check-up last week.  What?!  This has never happened to me before. Normally I gain like crazy at the end.  I am only 1 lb away from being my heaviest ever.  I think I might just pass that record... bummer.

Yesterday as my doctor was feeling around my belly to see where he was positioned she said, "Wow!  You are all baby and he is sprawled out."  He is head down with his body running along my left side, his butt is at the top of my belly and his feet are pressed on my right side.  Kind of like a "U" shape.  This is exactly how I thought he might be from the way he kicks.  It's really fun now watching him move around because I have a better idea of what body part might be sticking out.

It is extremely hard to sleep at night now.  I usually wake up and am up for at least an hour.  Besides that it's extremely painful to change sides while I sleep.  It's usually a huge process for me and I squeeze my pillows as hard as I can so I don't yell out and wake everyone up.  I'm really looking forward to that ending soon.

I pretty much have everything ready.  This past week I've been cleaning, packing, organizing, you name it in anticipation for his arrival.  His diaper bag is all ready, his room is ready, I have all his diapers out and nursing equipment all set up.  Thomas and I have even been busy cleaning carpets.  We've never done that in the 6 years we've had this house or before any of our other babies, but after having 2 little boys spill pretty much everything on it, 3 dogs living with us at some point and having a daycare I really wanted them clean.  It's such a good feeling to have clean carpets.

We have narrowed our names down to 2.  Thomas really likes one and I really like the other, of course.  I asked the boys the other day which name they liked and Garrison said one (the one I like) and Josiah said the other name (the one Thomas likes.)  Which is actually really funny because Garrison has more of my personality and Josiah has more of Thomas' personality.  We are continuing to pray about what name God has chosen for our little one.

In 3 weeks, give or take, we'll be a family of 5!!  I cannot believe it!  The boys are so excited.  The other morning Josiah came running up to me and said, "MOM!  Did you have the baby yet?"  Both boys love to hug my belly and curl up next to me on the couch.  They also enjoy trying to get the baby to kick them.  This poor little guy is in for a world of craziness.

Come on 3 weeks!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment