Tuesday, June 12, 2012

cleaning my microfiber chair

We bought a microfiber rocking chair right before Garrison was born.  Now five years later with two (soon to be three) little boys around you can only imagine how dirty our tan chair is.  I was actually embarrassed by this chair.

 I really wanted to clean it, but had no idea how to do that.  So one day while looking at Pinterest I came upon a solution to use rubbing alcohol.  I didn't have any rubbing alcohol on hand so I decided to try what I did have which was hydrogen peroxide.

 Here's what I did...  

I put the hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle and sprayed the area that I wanted to clean.  With a clean, never used before white rough sponge I scrubbed the area.  I was a little paranoid that it wouldn't work so I scrubbed it quite often while it dried.  After it had completely dried I went back over it with a clean, white bristled brush and "fluffed" the area back up.  It was a little crunchy after it dried, but a little brushing and the fabric felt just like it did before I cleaned it.  It was so easy and I can't believe how well hydrogen peroxide can clean microfiber.

Here are the before and afters...
Before
After

Before
After

 Before
After


 Before
 After



0 comments:

Post a Comment