Friday, September 30, 2011

8 years is a long time

Last month my best friend from high school came for a visit.  You remember, I hadn't seen her in 11 years.  Well the other day I was able to see another friend that I haven't seen in 8 years.

I was actually on the phone, in my pajamas, (luckily I had showered) when my sister came running in to tell me that Melissa Neal was only a few blocks away and was wondering if she could stop by for a visit.  Needless to say, I hung up the phone and started running around the house trying to prepare for a friend I hadn't seen in years.

She arrived with her beautiful children and her mom, Sue (who is one of my parents dear friends.)  It was so nice to see them and catch up.  Garrison and Josiah loved having all the kids around too.  I forgot to introduce Garrison and Josiah to Melissa's kids.  At one point I apologized to Garrison for not letting him know the kids' names that he was playing with.  He said, "That's okay, mom.  I've just been calling them my buddies."  How cute is that!?  Tonight I posted a picture on facebook of all the kids together and Garrison saw it and said, "Hey mom!  Those are my buddies."  Too bad we all didn't live closer to each other.  

It was so nice to see Melissa, her kids and Sue.  It was my first time meeting 3 of Melissa's kids.  I really hope it's not another 8 years until I see them again.  
   Top - Kazia and Elijuah
Bottom- Symacus, Josiah, Garrison and Mijimin  (I hope I spelled their names right.)

Aren't they all so stinkin' cute?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment