Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lately

We've been busy lately with company and outdoor projects.  It's been so nice outside that we've been spending all our time outdoors.  We normally don't get this spoiled up here by the icebox (aka. Lake Superior) so we've been taking every advantage we can to enjoy it before it disappears.

My mom came for a visit the end of June for a couple of days.  It was really nice having her here.  We haven't seen my mom since February so it was a long, overdue visit.  The boys got lots of Grammy time (as Garrison likes to call her). 

Then 3 days after she left my dad and sister Jackie came for the 4th.  My dad has been helping me with a flower bed that I've been trying to do built a flower bed for me by our front entry way.  It looks so nice.  When I get flowers planted (hopefully this weekend) I'll post pictures of the before and after. 

Jackie and dad spent the 4th with us and we had our "Williams" whiffle ball tournament.  Which Thomas won... again.  The championship was between him and I.  He kicked my butt... of course.  But I'd like to think that I gave him a little challenge.

We went and saw the Superiors 4th of July parade.  It was SO hot outside, but we still enjoyed it.  Garrison actually picked up candy this year that they threw at us.  He came home with a whole bag full.  Josiah just sat on the curb and watched with amazement and clapped every now and then.

We kept the boys up that night so we could go watch the Superior's fireworks, but the mosquitoes were so bad that it almost wasn't worth it.  Garrison got bit by something on his temple because the next day he woke up and his eyebrow and temple was swollen.  As the day went on it gradually got worse until the whole side of his face was puffy.  A little Tylenol and he was good as new.


Then this past weekend my sister Jackie was up again visiting.  We watched the first two movies of the Twilight saga. (hence the music on my blog.)  I'm in the middle of reading the third book right now.  I was interested in seeing what all the hype was about. 

It's been a fun, crazy summer and I can't believe it's already July 13th!!!!  Hopefully summer will start to slow down soon. 

1 comments:

Ryla said...

you have had a very busy summer!! WOW!! But I am sure it has been great to see family. What a mosquito bite, yikes!! Good job getting sucked into the Twilight hype, it is fun!! :)

Post a Comment