Sunday, November 14, 2010

Choose words wisely

Sometimes I wish that I had the ability to explain things better, especially to a 2 1/2 year old.  Here's how a conversation went with Garrison yesterday:

Me:  "Garrison, lets race to see who can clean up the legos and mega blocks faster.  You clean up the legos and I'll take the mega blocks.  Ready... set... go."

I start cleaning up.  Garrison starts playing, of course.

Me:  "Garrison, I'm going to kick your butt."

Garrison stands up, turns around, sticks his butt out and says, "Here."  I almost fell over laughing.

Me:  "No, honey, I don't mean I'm actually going to kick your butt.  It means I'm going to beat you."

Garrison looks at me with a puzzled look.

Me:  "I... mean... uh... I'm not going to beat you.  It means I'm going to win."

I did win and Garrison did pick up his legos.

0 comments:

Post a Comment