Monday, May 4, 2009

It's a boy!


I had my 5 month ultrasound today and we were able to determine that we are having another boy. Yep, that's right a boy! (we have very distinct pictures of this, but will not be embarrassing the poor guy before he's even born)

This baby was a little more stubborn than Garrison was during the ultrasound. (I'm trying not to compare the two kids so I'll stop with that comment.) I drank a Coke before I went into the ultrasound so that the baby would be a little more jittery and move around more. (That sounds bad). Didn't work. He just curled up into the lower right side of my uterus and hung out there the entire time. We were only able to see his face once. Other than that he was curled up and had his head turned away from us. (see second picture) The ultrasound lady tried everything to get him to move into a better position so that we could get some good pictures, but he never cooperated. Luckily, she was able to still get all the measurements that were needed. We just don't have that many great pictures. Which I'm ok with because my biggest thing was wanting to know what we were having and he definitely let us see that part.

His measurements all came out good. He's healthy and growing like he should be. He weighs 11 oz which puts him one day off from the due date, but the doctors don't really care about that. If he was off by a week then they would go ahead and change the date, but a day or two isn't going to matter.
I, on the other hand, am not growing as much. Hallelujah! Here are my measurements...
month one (8 wks prego): Garrison :109 (I had already gained 5 lbs) baby #2: 108
month two (12 wks prego): Garrison: 113 baby #2: 110
month three (16 wks prego): Garrison: 121 baby #2: 112
month four (20 wks prego): Garrison: 130 baby #2: 118
month nine (ready to explode): Garrison: 167 baby #2: Hopefully not that big, but even if I do I'll have my handsome second son and that's all I care about.

1 comments:

Kara Scharrer said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited about this! CONGRATS! I loved it that you compared your measurments! How funny. (I gained a lot more with Skogen, but maybe that's because he was a boy.) Congrats again. Post another belly pic!

Post a Comment