Monday, March 9, 2009

Three becomes four

We are expecting baby #2!

Yes, our little family of 3 will soon be expanding to 4 in September. We are so excited to have this little bundle on the way. We will definitely have our hands full as our two babies will only be 20 months apart, but we're up for the challenge or should I say I'm up for the challenge.

Here are some answers to the questions that you always get when someone finds out your pregnant...

- When are you due? Our due date is September 21st, but everytime I have an ultrasound they tell us that the baby is bigger and could come a week earlier. They said the same thing about Garrison and he arrived a week after his due date. We'll see.

- How are you feeling? Good! For the first 2 1/2 months I didn't "feel" pregnant at all. With Garrison I was only sick for a few weeks and only while I brushed my teeth. With this one, I still have the brushing of the teeth thing, but also strong smells send me running for the toilet. The other day I almost throw up on Garrison as I changed one of his poopy diapers. Luckily I have a wonderful husband who changes them for me now, if he's home.

- Are you going to find out if you're having a boy or girl? Yes! I'm dying to find out if it's a boy or girl. We will let people know what we are having, but can guarantee that Thomas will want to keep the name a secret again until the baby is born.

- How far apart will Garrison and the baby be? They will be 20 months apart, which is exactly how far apart my brother and I are. So I know that they will grow up being buddies.

- Was this planned? Yes! We thought that we wanted 2 1/2 years between each child, but since having Garrison and seeing what an easy baby he was we decided to have another one sooner than later. Yes, I know that just because Garrison was easy doesn't mean that this baby will be easy, but I'm excited to get to know this baby too.

- Will Thomas be a soccer coach this year? The jury is still out on this one. We're not sure how we feel yet. I'm not excited that Thomas would be gone a lot the first month of the babies life and could possibly be gone for the birth depending on games and if he could find a replacement coach.

2 comments:

Kara Scharrer said...

Hey! Andrea told me that you guys were expecting and I was so excited to hear! CONGRATS! I'm so excited that you started blogging so that I can keep up with your pregnancy. Skogen and Maida are 20 months apart and so far it's been quite the challenge! I wasn't expecting it to be, because Maida has always been such a good and easy child, but as soon as she turned 20 months she got into a rough stage, which also happened to be right before baby came. Lately things have seemed to mellow out, but uffda, it's hard at first. Anyway, I'm DYING to find out if it's a girl or boy! Can't wait! Congrats again. (Oh, and I don't think that Tom should coach. :) I think he should stay home with you and the new babe!)

Lindsey said...

Congrats!!!!! I am so excited for you, but a little sad that you live so far away so I can't hug you right now!!!! Hadley and Zoey Belle are the best of buds and they are 25 months apart, so don't worry. It might all work out just perfect! Love you all!!!!

Post a Comment